Monday, September 8, 2008

Early bird gets the discount

Take a seat people, the man who runs the nicest looking gymnastics and dance facility in livermore and the tri-valley has got somthing to say.
I'm not a huge fan of motivation. That is to say that I don't like the idea of people finding their drive to do things from outside pressures i.e. the horse that either chases the carrot or runs from the whip. I hold to the belief that peoples drive should come from within themselves, not be a reaction to others.
In any case I have been trying to "encourage" people to pay their tuition on time by threatening to charge a $50 late fee to anyone who pays after the fifth. I am officially tossing out that policy. I don't like the idea of trying to scare you into fullfilling your obligation to pay on time.
Instead we are instituting an early bird discount. If you pay your tuition sometime during the two weeks prior to its due date you may take ten dollars off your tuition amount. If you haven't paid by your due date then your child isnt officially enrolled in a class and it will need to be resolved.
Now I know that trading a fee for a discount seems like trading a whip for a carrot. What I'm really doing though is simply saying thanks to those who have been responsible. I'm not trying to trick people into paying on time, just giving a pat on the back to those who do.
This will be effective for the oct. tuition so if there are any questions feel free to email me, or call.

Thanks,
Jerod

P.s. If you want to email me insert my address into a new message, if you simply reply, I believe everyone will recieve it.


"Gymfinity Gymnastics, where fitness and fun are number 1!" www.gymfinitygymnastics.com www.gymfinityjerod.blogspot.com

No comments: