Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hurry up and catch up!

A wise man once told me, "you can't play catch up on the back end." Only now, as I sit upon the new stairs of Gymfinity overlooking the huge task before me, do I fully understand what he meant. Trying to build a dance studio, while simultaneously setting up a gymnastics facility has proven to be a daunting task. I still feel up for the challenge but I am certain I have set things up to be tough.
As I look out at our large dance floor area I can see piles of gym equipment, office supplies, and garbage that I wish I had taken the initiative to move out weeks ago.
Don't get me wrong, I've been working hard, and accomplished quite a bit during the last few weeks. Yet I can see in my minds eye where I fell into the trap of stopping short, cutting corners, or at the least not thinking ahead.
Stephen Covey says, "begin with the end in mind", I hope everyone keeps this in mind when undergoing projects of their own. I also hope everyone remembers that if you don't feel like doing as Mr. Covey says, remember what Mr. Biggs says, "you can't catch up on the back end."

"Gymfinity Gymnastics, where fitness and fun are number 1!" www.gymfinitygymnastics.com www.gymfinityjerod.blogspot.com

No comments: